Author Topic: Xuan Yuan Sword - Scar of the Sky 轩辕剑之天之痕 (Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Jiang Jinfu)  (Read 73914 times)

Offline roukking

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
this is agood movie

Offline tvb

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • View Profile
thank you for sharing

Offline v1nzzzz

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Yang Mi
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
Just finished watching this series, and God it was great !  ;D
Love to see Hu Ge becomes the bad guy (4 shows I have watched with him starring as main lead, he always be good guy)
Love to see ShiShi becomes mischievous ! She was DAMN cute and always look innocent, even when she did evil in beginning of the series.
Love to see TangYan becomes devil ! A new stuff to me too  :D

Love the OST, love the 'Hu Ge joke' when they are searching 4th artifact
Definitely my second best chinese series after Chinese Paladin 3  :P
"It takes a whole lifetime to be a good person, and only a single thought to turn into a bad one"

Offline H.Ge-C.Liu

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
THanks so much for that song! Wow how did you find it? Cos the MV didn't say anything about the song :O

BTW do you know anything about what the OST song may be in those scenes?
Ep 5 when Yu'er was using her powers to transfer poison out of jingchou
Ep15 when rabbit demon was bringing back her sister

That song is one of the BEST songs ive heard in a LONGG LONG time! i would do ANYTHING to get a HQ version of it! but it's so hard to even know where to search.

The original producer told GeShi shippers the name of the song when she posted the clip in tieba.

They both sound like 变奏 versions of ost tracks. Maybe TR hasn't released all the tracks (in BBJX, Hunan TV released all the background music BBJX used), or it could be that TR used some background music from other productions/games (just like in CP3 - CP4 background music when Long Kui jumped, and didn't include it in the ost).
Sorry, can't help there.

Offline Skyblaze77

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
Frankly I think this is my favourite chinese series (or maybe second favourite, after Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang)

Back on this series though. Did anyone else feel like the series got a little unbalanced at the end? I was really confused as to who was the main character, YWT/NK or CJC/YE. Like really, the whole first half was about the latter couple, and all of a sudden, BOOM we're flooded with scenes of YWT/NK (not that I'm complaining, but still) And it felt like the CJC/YE couple got a bit of an identity crisis too...essentially I think the first half of the show(before the rabbit demon arc) was fantastic and fun, but then after that it got draggy and messy and only the YWT/NK/XX parts were worth watching.

My OTP is by far YWT/NK . SO MUCH ANGST. GAH. Their story was incredibly intense and sad...I loved the fact that they started out as an established couple, and we got to slowly see more of their past and how they got together. The childhood bits and their first kiss was SO SWEET! It was really moving how NK stuck to YWT throughout (not counting when she thought he lied to her about loving her, I'm calling that foul, and not counting her as a demon, too) - he was her only love throughout the entire show, and she practically never wavered in her love for him. YWT wavered a little when he found out who she was, but in the end he still really loved her and forgave her for everything. Even though he developed feelings for XX and all, but he still stayed true to NK and even promised to wait for her for 500 years! That's tough, bro! I guess the main thing about this couple is that they're dedicated to each other no matter what; what really got to me was at the end when NK was demonified (is that even a word?) and yet when she saw YWT's arm get cut off she was so shocked and appalled that she literally regained herself. It didn't hurt that it was TY and HG in this couple - one of my favourite actresses, and my favourite actor of all time. This couple had their sweet moments and sad ones, but essentially it was awesome, definitely my favourite couple of all the Chinese shows I watched.

I also loved CJC/YE, but only in the first half of the show. Actually, it's kinda weird. Even though YWT/NK is my OTP, but it was still this couple that made me cry the most, at least for the first 3/4 of the show. I enjoyed their chemistry as the bickering comic relief couple, it was fun without being over-the-top but what really touched me was to see the growth in their characters as they fell in love. YE learned to become softer and more mature, CJC learned to grow a backbone and defend those he loves, and both of them learned to take care of one another and put others before themselves. It was a fun journey, watching them grow as they fall in love. The touching bits were really crushing, too. The scene where YE sacrificed herself for CJC in front of that Sea Queen person(where she cuts her face with the poison) was so incredibly touching - she finally admitted her love for him! And it was so sad...My one bone of contention with this couple is at the end, though - they kinda vanished from sight, and the previous bickering comic relief pretty much vanished. Did anyone else feel that YE ended up comforting/protecting CJC from the part where she woke up after being poisoned till when she died? I dunno, this couple just kinda lost its fire halfway, and my love for it died down a little too.

As for the characters themselves, my favourite character is definitely YWT/JC. HG showed so much range as him. From the stern JC to the crazy JC to the evil black/white dude to the complicated YWT. It was so awesome watching him act, he was definitely the best actor in the series, perhaps even better than the veterans. I found him convincing as JC, even more so than Wallace as Changqing in CP3, and his bromance with CJC was so fun! Then he went to crazy JC and I practically died from all the funny. He showed even more range with the six souls of himself, and then went back to YWT, who is just kickass awesome. He gave YWT just enough evil to make me shudder, but then made him human too, by giving him weakness and doubt. There were moments where I was appalled by YWT's apparent lack of humanity, but then felt sympathy for him whenever he showed doubt in his path, and felt even sorrier when I saw how he reacted to those he loved. His scenes with NK and his mom - I teared up so badly I felt like I was rewatching BBJX. I actually liked him with XX too, but more on that later.

The three girls actually tie for second in my mind. NK was practically nonexistant in the first half of the show, then showed up more and more regularly until she was almost the main female lead. What struck me was her dedication and love to YWT - she'd do anything for him, and more. I think it actually defined her as a character. TY also played the demonized NK well, it was chilling how wild and evil she became later. And I suddenly realised how well TY does angst - that scene where YWT lied about not loving her (when Gu Yue and the other old guy captured her) her expression became so dead and hopeless, it was incredible. I think as a character NK is rather flat, but it was TY who gave her life, and I think she definitely needs more roles like that.
I've never thought LSS could act particularly well. I know a lot of pple absolutely love her after BBJX but frankly I never loved BBJX that much(it was a fun ride at first but got too draggy and angsty at the back) Her acting is SNYJJ was boring, in LOCH08 was atrocious(sorry pple, but I honestly disliked YH's YK and I had no sympathy towards LSS's MNC either), in CP3 it was passable at best and in BBJX it was okay, but nothing stunning. In here, however, I was really blown away. She gave YE so much life it was incredible. She was so convincing as the spoiled, hard-headed princess, and her growth throughout the show was incredibly believable. It was the sad scenes which convinced me, though. I've seen her cry a LOT of times in BBJX and I got kinda bored by the end, but that scene where she sacrificed herself for CJC(the Sea Queen thing) was just so incredibly good, I replayed it at least ten times and cried everytime. Another one was when she vanished. She was obviously sad at having to leave him, but she managed to control herself and wish him the best, and the acting LSS showed, it just blew me away. It was incredible, really, and enough to make me anticipate all the shows she acts in in the future, because honestly an actress that good deserves to be watched.
XX, the only new actress in the bunch. A lot of people I know dislike her, because she's too perfect and they think her innocence is fake and annoying. I don't actually think she's so bad; I disliked her at first, too, because I thought her innocence was a bit fake, but after a while I actually found it endearing. What really drew me to her was the way she seemed completely like a fish out of water - so much had to be explained to her, and she was just so clueless that I felt sorry for her. I understood that she really did love JC, and even though she was a third wheel(which I usually hate like hell, i.e 8th prince in BBJX) I felt sorry for her. Maybe it was because she never really stood a chance and wasn't a threat to my OTP, so I didn't mind her. Instead I felt sorry that she was just so powerless when it came to getting her own love, and I started to appreciate how she tried to ignore that love and do what she thought was right. My two personal favourites are the scene after NK tried to trick her into killing herself, and she woke up after YWT saved her. When she realised she misunderstood his words, she was so hurt and sad, but tried to ignore that and focus on her job of saving the world. The other one is when she's begging for YWT and NK's child; it's the child that the man she loves had with her rival, and yet she's begging with them, just because it's the right thing to do. That kind of selflessness is rare, and GLNZ managed to do it just right, so that it didn't come off as fake or cheesy. I've got my eyes on this actress, because I think she really is showing quite a lot of potential, and it doesn't hurt that she's incredibly pretty too.

CJC actually comes last out of the five main characters. Honestly I liked the guy at first. He was fun, humorous and witty, and although he was kind of useless, but I got the sense that he actually did try his best. But then things went too smoothly for him. Like when Gu Yue gave him all that power - I felt so cheated, because I didn't see him go through all the obstacles he should have to earn that power, and he just got it. Compared to YWT's tough life, it just felt so unfair. And then after XX went to YWT he became incredibly annoying - he refused to listen to YWT and XX properly, kept insisting he was right and basically became a huge annoyance. What made it worse was at the end, after YE died - THEN he decides that they were right and starts to do things their way. HOW STUPID IS THAT. And he dares to talk to YWT like the guy owes him, when HE is the one who owes the guy - if he'd just listened to YWT and helped, he might have saved YWT's mom or something (that's just the feeling i got). It was just so frustrating watching him at the end, that he became my least favourite out of the main five.

Overall the series was really fun. There was humour, there was angst, and the plot was quite decent. The actors and actresses all did really well with their characters - HG's right at the front, with LSS close behind, then TY, and finally the two newbies, whom I felt showed a lot of promise. I actually stopped watching Chinese shows for really long (BBJX was my last and that was like months and months ago) but this series reminded me why i love them so much. I seriously need another show like this, man! Da Mo Yao better come out FAST!

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline sisca_tvxq

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
I just finished this series and really really really love it <333
esp YWT&NK couple ^^
I'm kinda confused though, I know in the end YWT became an immortal so he could wait for NK, but how about their child ? I hope he could see his mother but 500 years is impossible if the child is not an immortal ^^;

Offline 7sea

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • View Profile
just watched a few episodes and I love Xuan Yuan Sword already.  Hu Ge is  great in both characters.
Hu Ge’s warrior suit is so great too. He looks smart and formidable.

Thanks for the uploading.

Offline Aguy

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sword of Xuanyuan 3 - Scar of Sky
« Reply #292 on: December 11, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »
Wait .. From the game, does the main character get the sword or does Yuwen Tuo O.o.

What is the name of the game

is this for online game or can be played offlline

thanks before.. really like ancient movie

Offline H.Ge-C.Liu

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 64
    • View Profile
@Skyblaze: Your post is excellent~practically all my thoughts after viewing XYS.

I watched every bit of the first half (up to and including Rabbit Demon arc), but then I skipped the CJC and Yu'er scenes and only watched the scenes with YWT, his mother and Ningke (didn't really like CJC towards the end).

I actually cried most in this series (surprisingly) -
1. The scenes preceding and following YWT's mum cooking for him
2. Ningke and YWT (slightly drunk) sitting on the bridge under the moonlight - EP 25 or 26
3. When YWT said to Ningke he never loved her (I felt like punching YWT in the face because I was so sad) - EP 27+28

My OTP is definitely YWT/Ningke. They would've been the main leads if none of the following happened:
1. SARFT ordered TR to cut out some scenes because the story was unsuitable (no reason why so far)
2. Tang Yan entered the crew too late, as she was filming another series beforehand, so the director had to cut out a huge portion at the end of the script to finish on time.
3. Because they (as in YWT/NK) didn't film the end of the script fully, they had to cut out some parts at the start so the viewers would understand.
4. Another part was deleted to make the overall plot more streamlined and less complicated.

------------------------------------------
1. There was this whole story about how Ningke ended up in the Sui Palace, under the Emperor's care, and at Yuwen Tuo's chambers in the Palace.

===After they fell in love===
2. Yuwen Tuo was ordered to lead a campaign against Northern Wei. Ningke wanted to help YWT, and even though she was proficient in poetry and the arts, she didn't understand anything about leading military campaigns, nor did she have any martial arts.

Yuwen Tuo comforted her saying, "Your sincerity is enough."
NK was still not willing, so she stealthily mixed in with the army, but was discovered soon enough. YWT ordered people to take her back, after promising he would marry her when he returned. That year, he was 20, and she was 17.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full article:
中,
一部分是广电认为含有不恰当的情节而被删
一部分是因为主演进组太晚,根本没法拍,所以直接把剧本上的片段删了(还有一部分是因为后半截没拍,所以前半截必须删,不然看着会很没逻辑)
一部分是为了精简剧情而被删
表示这些被删减的内容具体有哪些呢,让我们来慢慢说明

宁珂郡主在7岁的时候,大隋和北周交战,她的父亲在战争中牺牲,不久后她母亲也病逝,然后宁珂郡主被皇帝带到皇宫里面抚养。

同年,杨素在战争中俘获了当时从剑冢中拿到了轩辕剑且年仅10岁的北周皇子宇文拓。但杨素隐瞒了皇上,偷偷的将他收留

【为了后半截更符合逻辑被删】

杨坚驾崩,新皇杨广登基。
杨广想灭陈国,于是杨素将宇文拓推荐给杨广,谎称宇文拓是自己的徒弟,隐瞒了宇文拓是北周皇子的身份。

【为了精简剧情而被删】

年幼的宇文拓利用轩辕剑的力量,协助杨素顺利灭掉陈国。

杨素向皇上提议要奖励宇文拓,

于是,杨广不仅给宇文拓加官进爵,赐予府邸,还将宁珂郡主也赐给了宇文拓

【为了后半截更符合逻辑而被删】

宇文拓受到封赏以后入驻府邸,
宁珂郡主也从皇宫搬到了宇文拓的府邸。
当时宇文拓才13岁,宁珂才10岁。

【为了后半截更符合逻辑被删】

因为宇文拓知道是杨素的主意,所以一直对宁珂郡主不理不睬,只顾专心练剑。

可是随着他们两个逐渐长大,宁珂郡主却爱上了宇文拓的冷漠,

于是一直在背后默默照顾着宇文拓。

宇文拓其实也早已被打动,只是继续一直专注练剑。

【被精简,且被改放在回忆片段中】

直到一年冬天,宇文拓练剑练到很晚,宁珂郡主顶着严寒一直等着他,宇文拓不忍心宁珂郡主受冻,终于为她放下剑。

那次,宇文拓和宁珂终于相互坦白了自己的心,并拥吻。

那一年,宇文拓19岁,宁珂16岁。

【未删,但改放在回忆片段中】

数月后,宇文拓奉命征战北魏,这一去,将会是好几年。

宁珂很想帮助宇文拓,但可惜她自己虽自幼精通琴棋书画,却丝毫未学过道术军法,她对自己的无能为力很是懊恼。

宇文拓安慰宁珂“你有这份心就足够了”。

但宁珂还是不甘心,她偷偷混入军营,想随着大军一起远行,却在半路上被人认出。

宇文拓派人将宁珂送回,

离别前,宇文拓许诺宁珂,等自己回来以后,就娶她。

那一年,宇文拓20岁,宁珂17岁

【因部分主演未进组而未拍摄此片段】

宁珂独自回来后的一天晚上,珂陷入了一场噩梦中

。梦里的那个人告诉她,自己是魔君,是她真正的父皇。

那个人还告诉她,她是魔,说她如今已经长大,是时候唤醒她身为魔的记忆和法力了。

梦醒了,原来一切都是真的,她被封印了18年的记忆瞬间觉醒,她想起了自己的使命——好好看守宇文拓,让他替我们去寻找5神器。

而她自己也从弱不禁风的郡主,变成了法力高强的魔女。

【为了后半截更符合逻辑被删】

次日,宁珂去见皇上,撒谎说自己想暂时离开大兴去找高人学习道术,好将来去帮助宇文拓。皇上答应了。

【为了后半截更符合逻辑被删】

得到皇上的允许以后,宁珂回到府中,变成黑鹰,追上了宇文拓带领的正在远行的军队。

她一直跟随着军队盘旋在空中,暗中保护宇文拓。

一路上,军队遇到了断粮、埋伏、疫病、突袭、刺杀等危机,宁珂每次都在暗中用法力助宇文拓一臂之力,让他每次都能顺利度过危难。

最后宇文拓成功灭掉北魏,凯旋而归。而宁珂则抢在宇文拓之前赶了回去。

【因部分主演未进组而未拍摄此片段】

宁珂回到大兴后,皇上让她讲讲她这两年拜师学艺之路上的见闻。

宁珂为了达到借他人之手寻找5神器的目的,
于是借此机会故意向皇上提及5神器,并夸耀它们的作用。

宁珂的一番言辞成功的勾起了皇上和杨素想要取得5神器的欲望。
他们立即派人去打探5神器的下落。

【为了后半截更符合逻辑被删】

数月后,宇文拓也终于结束了数年的远征班师回朝。

那天,宁珂郡主为宇文拓接风洗尘,亲自伺候他沐浴,并与之共浴。

当宇文拓说到要和宁珂成亲的话题的时候,
宁珂想到自己身为魔的身份,心中忐忑不安,于是故意转移话题,还套出了宇文拓母亲被困的秘密。

宁珂谎称自己这些年已得到世外高人传授的道术,可以助宇文拓一臂之力。
并与宇文拓约定,在救出宇文拓的母后之后,自己便嫁给宇文拓。

同时宁珂也告诉了宇文拓关于5神器的事情,说他可以借助5神器之力来救他母亲。

【前期为了后半截更符合逻辑而对此片段进行精简,后期又因为被精简的片段中含有不适当内容而被广电要求删除】

之前的故事,差不多就是上面那么多。之后宇文拓差不多就开始和5神器打交道了。

拓珂在前面的发展史被删掉很多,因为最开始,
是打算把宇文拓设定为男一号,宁珂设定为女一号来进行拍摄的

但是后来发现这样的设定不科学,加上很多外在因素的影响,所以删减掉了很多戏份

Offline heavenly4ver

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sword of Xuanyuan 3 - Scar of Sky
« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
Is it directed or produced by Li Guo Li ? ... He directed LOCH 08, Chinese Paladin III, and producer of Chinese Paladin. So I'm guessing he'd be involved in this production. Is there any news on the current status of this production ? like post-production, filming, or about to release ?

It seems from the game storyline that Hu ge is playing a character like Chong Lou (in terms of personality).
"but were single-handedly destroyed by a young general of Sui, Yuwen Tuo (宇文拓), who wielded the Sword better than any in the history." Best line from the game description lol . It seems like Hu Ge's character is just gonna kick ass (so does hu ge himself lol) I'm guessing this is gonna be filled with CGI again.

Heres the spcnetv forum thread for it, I usually check that forum thread for news on upcoming shows and what not. But for Sword of Xuanyuan heres the link:

I've just completed the series and am compelled to dispute the storyline between Hu Ge's Character(s).  Since Hu Ge played two characters in this series and is in a "somewhat" love triangle but if one really look carefully in the story; there are so many holes with the love story between him YWT/NG/XX.  My view is that YWT came into NG life by virtue of her demon/satan plan.  YWT was brainwashed or had been under the demon spells since he was 10 therefore, he was truly not really who he is.  Since NG is a demon, there is no way in hell can she be in love with a mortal.  Her goal is to go into the mortal world to extract and manipulate the human's weakness and to destroy them.

Therefore, love between YWT and NK was under false pretense because he is not himself.  He was merely a tool for the demon and was under the demon's power.  His only way of survival was to continue to live in the world they've created for him which was merely an illusion.  Because the true person that he love was his mother therefore, it kept him driven and as well blinded by the evilness that the demon had cast over him.

He was his true self as JC, which was a good person at heart thereby his love for XX was pure and without any black magic to constrict his love.  NG's demon father plan all of this and NG was one of the evil plan that needs to be executed to destroy the world and because YWT was a special one.  They needed him and his power to destroy earth.  One must asked how can a demon love a mortal or vice versa.  That's impossible! 

Upon JC interaction with XX as a true person without any reservation in terms of evil power control.  His feelings for XX was sincere and they both feel it.  Even when he return back to YWT, his heart still lingers and long for XX.  If he didn't he wouldn't have gone looking for her.  He could have killed her with the power that he has.  NK knew that if she didn't do anything she would have lost YWT and again cast magic upon him. 

Chapter 17, JC slept with XX and XX confirmed it with YE and YE told her that a man and a woman cannot sleep together unless they are married.  Thereby, XX is truly who YWT wants in his heart.  NG love was just an attachment because since 10 he was under her demon spell therefore, lost his sanity.

I also, dispute the fact that NG miraculously got pregnant.  I don't recalled a demon can be impregnate by a mortal - impossible isn't it.  The child was a product of her demon/satan's father scheme and planted the evil seeds within her to make YWT believes that it's his.  As a responsible person YWT was, he took responsibility but remember on the day he was to be married his mother ask him if he was sure about marry NG. because a mother knows her son best and feel that he married NG out of obligations and that he truly does love XX.

Again, I like to stress that when a child like YWT was young and impressionable.  They latched on to people who showed them kindness but NG's kindness was not real.  She was a fake and is there to use him thereby played her sweet, innocent, kindhearted person to a niave, gullible 10 years old boy who is lost.  NG is probably a 1000 years old at the time when YWT was 10 which makes her a cradle robber.

I was very upset with the love story amongst the three but clearly YWT/JC should be with XX.

Offline sapphiresky

• Administrator
  • Eternal Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 23969
    • MSN Messenger - fairydream@gmail.com
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Youtube
    • DeviantArt
    • View Profile
    • Wuxia Edge
    • Email
http://www.ancientchinese.net/index.php?topic=794.msg19102#msg19102
I wrote my reply for that long post here.

Y/CJC - They were like the best moments in the show towards the end. They were really cute and funny at the same time, the only thing that really brought a tiny amount of joy during the great sadness of the situation.

Though I did get annoyed when CJC refused to listen to any reasoning and kept hating YWT without letting him explain.

But I really can't believe they had such little scenes of them. I wanted at least one more episode's worth of scenes of the two cos they were such an awesome couple. I really wish they spent more time together.

《Upcoming: Xuan Yuan Sword - Scar of the Sky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikFReY9JDI8

Offline knek1234

• New Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • View Profile
love this series, kinda was sad about the ending though

Offline peterpoppingpopcorn

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
good series. I was touched by Yuwen Tuo's breakdown, it was sad. I felt a stronger connection with Chen Jing Chou. and, I just luved the ladies. the subbing is super.

Offline JSH

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Thought the ending was a little disappointing, but other than that, it was a great series. Seems like I'm the only one, but I hated the scenes with Xiao Xue; they were so boring to me.

Offline Shakespeare

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 186
  • -Receive: 133
  • Make your Life an Art...Believe in Yourself...
    • Youtube
    • View Profile

...Follow your dreams No Regret
...Just Believe In yourself...