Author Topic: 墓王之王 [The King of Tombs]  (Read 2145 times)

Offline simplicity

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 4
    • View Profile
墓王之王 [The King of Tombs]
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:50:35 AM »
Hey everyone~ It's been awhile since I posted just been lurking haha So I noticed alot of people were requesting to get this series translated. I've been watching it so I thought, I should just try translating it.

I know the team here is really busy with 3+ series already so I won't ask for much, but it would be great if you guys could help me with proofreading.

I don't have an account on Youku or any related sites either, and the thing is I rather not make a youtube account for this, so if possible would the team here be able to download it and put it on Mooncakes? I totally said I wasn't asking for much right well I lied I can typeset the subtitles too so don't worry about that C:

Let me know if it's okay and if you guys have any suggestions please go ahead xD

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 333
  • -Receive: 257
    • View Profile
Re: 墓王之王 [The King of Tombs]
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:18:34 AM »
I was very excited when I saw this message on my way from work. (That was 3-4 hours ago...) Now that I'm writing, my excitement toned down. xDDD

I'm glad you brought up 墓王之王! Someone asked about it before, but I can't translate it. The way the characters talk is too formal, like Qin's Moon. LOL I was hoping someone else would sub it, and that was why I was happy to hear from you! : D

When you said download it, do you mean one of us should download the episodes? I don't mind putting it on Mooncakes, however I'm concerned it may be copyrighted and YouTube might take it down later. But I can test it out someday and see how it turns out.

I'll send your message to the others and see if they're interested.

If you start on it, let me know again so that I can look for the episodes. I'm in a rush right now. xD Sorry. Oh, but I can tell you that I'm not sure if I can proofread (my English isn't good).

This is it for now, so I hope to hear about your thoughts later. ^.^ And hopefully the others will be interested in helping out too.

Offline Drama Drama

• Eternal Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 128
  • -Receive: 144
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 02:23:15 AM »
Wow, someone actually brought up this series. :D I watched the first 2 episodes like a month ago i think. Quite an interesting series i would say.

I never do any proofreading job in Mooncakes project (that is the only subbing project i take part in XD), so in conclusion, i never proofread anything before. If you don't mind, i can try to do the proofreading (my English is not good too) for the first few episodes and if I am really bad on that, I will stop.

You have two sides of brain, left and right.
Your left brain has nothing right and your right brain has nothing left.
LOL XD

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline simplicity

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 02:47:59 AM »
Thanks for the quick response ;v; To be honest, I'm not sure how good my translation would be, because like you said they speak very formally and I don't think I fully understand some of the idioms they use x'D But well, it will have to do I guess XD

When you said download it, do you mean one of us should download the episodes? I don't mind putting it on Mooncakes, however I'm concerned it may be copyrighted and YouTube might take it down later. But I can test it out someday and see how it turns out.

Yep that's what I meant. I know the entire thing is on Youku (cause I watched it there xD) There does seem to be a huge copyright issue, so I'm not sure how we'll get around that. Maybe instead of uploading on Youtube it'd have to be available somewhere else. I've noticed that most of the episodes that are on Youtube are very low quality, and the ones with Viet subs have a huge watermark (maybe to prevent them from recognizing it idk).

Don't worry about it now though, it's going to take a while for me to even finish the first episode haha. Actually, I don't even think I can translate the introduction at this point so I might leave that as a summary OTL

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 03:05:47 PM »
Then translating this series will be hard. xD If there's something really hard for you or us to understand, we can always ask flycrane01's help. He is busy with other series, but I believe he can give us some suggestions. ^.^

I just looked around on Youtube and episode 1 has been there since January 2017. So, maybe it'll be okay to be on youtube. Also, the episodes are in 720p HD. Not low quality at all. The one I found is at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE-quhsaD7k&t=113s

I downloaded the first episode and this is as clean as the screen can get:
Spoiler
I can also try to test the episode and let it sit on Youtube on private/unlisted for the time being.

Just post again when you made progress. Or if there's something you want to discuss. And I'll update when there's something. :3

EDIT: It is fine to have the episodes on YouTube. There was a notice on the episode:

Monetized by claimant
You can use the copyrighted content in your video, but ads might appear on your video.

It means we're good to go. ^.^

However, I'm not sure how you want the subtitles as. Are you planning on hard-subs or soft-subs? If you already made plans beforehand, then it's fine too. It's all up to you.

Offline simplicity

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 06:25:50 AM »
Okay that's good to hear, one less problem to worry about xD I prefer soft-subs.

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 05:33:58 PM »
I have questions. If you don't want to make a Youtube account, how would you do the soft subs? Are you planning on making a separate file? How would you match the timing with the episode that I will help upload on the Mooncakes channel?

Offline simplicity

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 11:40:52 PM »
I believe there's an option of allowing the public to add captions right? You can keep the video unlisted while I add it and then after you guys double check you can make it public. I think this is it: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6054623?hl=en

I also have a question- how do you guys usually put down the Chinese subs? Do you literally type everything out or is there an easy way to this xD (I actually did write it out for WP's special Birdsong Valley but it was really time consuming lol)

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 11:23:03 PM »
The unlisted video sounds like a great idea! We can go with that. ^.^ I already have episode 1 as unlisted here: https://youtu.be/rSoJpZyP7Gk

But if you still end up wanting to upload it somewhere else, feel free to tell us anytime. I'm fine with anything.

I don't know how D-rama D-rama and cynthaiz transcribes, but for me, I have my sister's very old tablet for drawing on computer/laptops and a tablet pen (but I think people call it tablet stylus pen). So, I actually write the character onto google translate with that pen. Most of the times, I give it a quick/sloppy write and still get the character I need. As for the characters that I already know, for example, 我,常,爱,梦,的,是,etc... I just change my language preferences from English to Chinese by pressing the Windows Key + Space Bar and type in the pinyin to get the characters.

I never kept track of how long I transcribe, especially when I transcribe and translate at the same time now. I can estimate it only takes me an hour or two, depending how long the dialogue is in each episode. (It's time consuming, no matter what.)

If you were writing with a computer mouse, then that would take a VERY long time. I destroyed my mouse when I did that one time. xD

...Sorry if my rambling didn't help. 8D

Offline Drama Drama

• Eternal Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 128
  • -Receive: 144
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 04:05:39 AM »
I also have a question- how do you guys usually put down the Chinese subs? Do you literally type everything out or is there an easy way to this xD (I actually did write it out for WP's special Birdsong Valley but it was really time consuming lol)
I type almost everything out with pinyin, other than the words that I don't know (Am not very good in reading as I didn't really learn this language before) then I would listen to the dialogue and try to figure out the words' pinyin. And if I still couldn't type that word out, I would write it out on Google Translate. Every episode of Qin's Moon Season 5 took me about 90 minutes to transcribe completely, if you have good foundations in Chinese, you may able to do this much faster I guess. I write out the words with a mouse btw.

But simplicity, do you need to insert the Chinese subs too? I mean, are you using a raw video, or else, the videos usually come with Chinese subs, no? You just need to insert English subs then.

You have two sides of brain, left and right.
Your left brain has nothing right and your right brain has nothing left.
LOL XD

Offline simplicity

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »
I remember I transcribed the episode but then I later found most of the script on baidu it was so frustrating LOL. I was just wondering if there were some sources like that you could use. But anyway, that's what I've done too so I will do just that then xD (Oh man, you guys are so patient I can't even imagine using a computer mouse to write that much I would just give up XDD)

Technically I don't need to transcribe but I see that you guys always put up the entire script and then write the English beside it, so I was thinking it would be easier if I wanted you guys to help proofread. Now that I think about it, skipping that part and just directly adding on the subs in the video would be smarter huh XD but anyway  if I do transcribe it's just easier for me to follow I guess, so I'll see ^^

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 11:14:33 PM »
Oh, don't transcribe everything, unless you already know what they're saying. xD (I do that for for 9 Songs and NanoCore.)

If there's something you don't know, transcribe that part and then everyone can help look them up. ^.^