Author Topic: Understanding Chinese?  (Read 581 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kevinmanuel

  • Little Mooncake
  • **
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Understanding Chinese?
« on: April 03, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »

So I'm a native english speaker but I'm conversant in mandarin chinese. Both my parents speak mandarin and I've always spoken to them in mandarin throughout my life. When I watch movies I pick up 90% of the words and can figure out the other 10%, same with conversations and stuff between other fluent chinese speakers.
Unfortunately, whenever I listen to a song in chinese, it gets so much more difficult and I can only take out very very simple words. Les Miserable in chinese, Disney songs in Chinese are just two that I've noticed that i'm having an extreme difficulty picking up what they're saying. like instead of understanding 90% i only understand 10 and the other 90% make no sense. HOWEVER, some songs I can understand e.g. Tong Hua by Guang Liang.although some of his other songs I can't even though the tempo is about the same (this goes with a few other artists).The only thing I can think of is that either they're saying words with an unfamiliar inflection/accent and my mind can't decipher the words unless i've heard the song over and over and over and over again...Do you have a better explanation?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

Creative digital advertising company