Author Topic: Crystal Zhang Tian'ai 张天爱  (Read 853 times)

Offline Shakespeare

• Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 187
  • -Receive: 180
  • Make your Life an Art...Believe in Yourself...
    • Youtube
    • View Profile
Crystal Zhang Tian'ai 张天爱
« on: December 26, 2017, 11:28:10 AM »

Crystal Zhang Tian'ai 张天爱, born 28 October 1988), also known by her English name Crystal Zhang, is a Chinese actress and model. She is best known for her breakout role in the 2015 hit web-series Go Princess Go.

Career
Beginnings

After she studied overseas in Japan, Zhang came back to China and trained under Beijing Film Academy.

In 2009, she starred in the Korean short film Cherry Blossom alongside Korean actor Kim Soo-hyun.[1] After which, she continued to appear in minor supporting roles.[2]
2014–2015: Breakout

Zhang first gained attention in 2014 when she acted alongside Sun Honglei in The Legendary Sniper.[3] She won the Best Supporting Actress award at the 2nd Hengdian Film and TV Festival of China for her performance.[4][5]

Thereafter, she starred in the web series Go Princess Go. The low-budget series unexpectedly became a commercial hit, and shot Zhang to fame.[5]
2016–present: Rising popularity

Following her fame, Zhang was suceedingly cast in bigger projects. In 2016, she starred in the romance film I Belonged to You alongside Deng Chao.[6] The film was a commercial success and earned more than 800 million yuan ($118 million) at the box office.[5] The same year, she was cast as the female lead in fantasy-action series Martial Universe.[7]

In 2017, she starred in comedy film Father and Son with Da Peng and Fan Wei, and in fantasy adventure film Legend of the Naga Pearls with Darren Wang.[8][9] She also featured in the war film The Founding of an Army as Soong Mei-ling,[10] as well as fantasy-mystery film Legend of the Demon Cat directed by Chen Kaige.[11]

In 2018, Zhang will star in the romantic comedy series The Evolution of Our Love alongside Zhang Ruoyun.[12]

Film
Year    English Title    Chinese Title    Role    Notes
2009    Cherry Blossom    落櫻    Zhang Lina    Short film
2014    Uncle Victory    勝利       Cameo
2016    I Belonged to You    從你的全世界路過    Yao Ji    
2017    Father and Son    父子雄兵    Liu Wen    
The Founding of an Army    建军大业    Soong Mei-ling    
Legend of the Naga Pearls    鮫珠傳    Hei Yu    
Legend of the Demon Cat    妖貓傳    Yu Lian    

Television series
Year    English Title    Chinese Title    Role    Notes
2013    The Second Life of My Husband    老公的春天       Guest appearance