Author Topic: Qin's Moon Season 5 is out!!  (Read 258347 times)

Offline lilhanh

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Qin's Moon Season 5 is out!!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 06:49:15 AM »
Exciting, exciting!!!  I'm reading everyone's comments, shares, and contributions to this thread and love of Qin's Moon!  Wish I could do more to contribute, but to say the least, I am an avid fan and appreciate all the hard work and news updates you share here. 

@Seiyounashi A THOUSAND THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION, UPDATES, and HARD WORK!!!

@sstyhoo, I love the added edits and the dialogue you are having with Seiyounashi.  Wish we could do a subbing team and include both of your insights!!

@user3948, thanks for the updates on the release...saves me tons of time constantly checking!

@icrayray We both go way back with following this thread my friend!! So happy to see you here and that we haven't given up even when years fly before the next episode is released...

@SapphireSky Where are you my friend?  We've missed you and yes, our constant thanks for doing all that you have done. Come back to us please!!!

@kisasa, welcome and glad you are joining the Qin's Moon team...

Offline sstyhoo

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 05:58:42 PM »
Seiyounashi, Thanks for clarifying!   Btw I rather like 'rascal'. Like 'JiaHuo', Despite its negative connotation, it is also often used in expressing affectionate exasperation toward another person!

By 'tonifying', in reference to the tonic effect of the "Bear Paw on fish fin" dish - I did a check in the dictionary, I think the word 'invigorating' could fit, as below :

Lisi: Bear paw served on fish fins. This was already a famous dish, but Haiyue Xiaofu’s ingredients are most worthy of consideration. The ordinary person would prioritize the fins first, and this place’s fins are by necessity Sanghai’s most exquisite. Golden, white as platinum, the most high-end golden fins under the sky. They have no equal. Bear paw, one of the wild’s eight treasures, extraordinarily tonifying invigorating.

Cheers and All the best to you with school !

@Lilhanh,   :)

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 82
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 02:25:10 AM »
I come bearing translations! This trailer's short, so I had time to translate it. Some lines are taken from Quyuan's poetry, so forgive the awkwardness. D:

New OVA Trailer:

Lady Xiang: (poem) Jun, why do you hesitate? / What's keeping you at Zhongzhou?
Lady Xiang: This Xiaoxiang Valley...has not had visitors for a very long time.
Lady Xiang: I miss him so much!
Lady Xiang: We used to never be separated.
Xiangjun?: If we met while separated, we'd best not see each other at all.
Lady Xiang: All those who come to Xiaoxiang Valley...can come in, but never get out...
Lady Xiang: Are you leaving again?
Lady Xiang: Like old times...
Lady Xiang: As if you were never here to begin with...

This OVA actually looks pretty scary. xD

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline lilhanh

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 07:12:55 AM »
@seiyounashi LOVE!!!  Who are these people?  Are they new? Or has it been that long that I've forgotten?  THANKS A TON!!!!!!!

Offline Dream Hunter

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 07:30:42 AM »
you rock! when was this released? I always wanted to know more about the YinYang and I felt Shaosiming's episode was short and unfilling. Can you please translate the title name and can you find a release date? I can't read Chinese :(
Oh and was the old guy and young guy the same person ? If not, does anyone know which one is Xiangjun?
I looked at up Xiang Jun and Xiang Furen and it turns out they were originally both females. I was surprised they made them into a couple? Xiang Jun or Xiang Furen is suppose to refer to the two goddesses of the Xiang River who are patrons of Chu. They are called Furen because both  goddesses were married. Wow. I'm all for girl power so I'm kind of disappointed, Xiang Jun isn't a man but if the trailer is good as the OVA, I'm all for it!
But, truly, I have wept too much! The Dawns are heartbreaking. Every moon is atrocious and every sun bitter.

Arthur Rimbaud

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 04:13:06 AM »
@lilhanh
These are new characters, but they made a very brief cameo in Season 4 when Ge Nie was explaining the hierarchy of the Yin Yang School.

The title is taken from Quyuan's "Nine songs." It translates roughly to “Lady Xiang Descends."

Official sources say the OVA will be out before Chinese New Year, so before February 19th.

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 333
  • -Receive: 257
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 04:07:32 PM »
I'm brand new to this site (but I had wandered here before) and this is my first reply/post!

OMG May I use these translations and paste them on the HD episodes and upload on YouTube?! I was translating for a long time, but these right here would save me so much time! (I wanna use the subs for that new trailer too, omg so exciting!)

I hope I get a reply! I'll credit all of yalls hard work!

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 05:49:08 PM »
@5Water
Sure, you're free to use these translations with due credit acknowledged. Keep in mind that the first part of Episode 2 I translated in a hurry, so I didn't get all of the dialogue. Part 2 of episode 2 is a line-by-line translation, as will be Episode 1's translations. Would it be possible for us to collaborate on the subbing project?

Offline lilhanh

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 06:59:13 PM »
@5water and @seiyounash  Thanks for letting 5water use your subs....!!  5water, after you finish subbing, can you place come back here and post a link so that we can see it with subs please??   :P

I'm loving how this discussion is progressing.  Yinyang school...that's my favorite.  I'm excited to see more. Thanks @dreamhunter for the info.

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 09:27:22 PM »
@5Water
Sure, you're free to use these translations with due credit acknowledged. Keep in mind that the first part of Episode 2 I translated in a hurry, so I didn't get all of the dialogue. Part 2 of episode 2 is a line-by-line translation, as will be Episode 1's translations. Would it be possible for us to collaborate on the subbing project?

Thank you very much! I will credit anyone who helped along the way too since I seen other people giving their opinions on a couple of translation.

I will also be giving these translation to someone for proof reading. Like, checking grammar, singular and plural mistakes. Unless you are confident with your English cause I'm not, then I will just add the subtitles right away.

Oh! And I don't see the rest of episode 1 (the translations). You have not completed it, right? Will you finish it? I can try it myself if you're busy, but I wish I saw your translations earlier because that's pretty how far I translated all day. So, just let me know if you're going to translate the rest of episode 1. :3

For the Lady Xiang trailer, the Chinese title for that special ova is called 《帝子降兮》, what is the English title for it? Was it "Lady Xiang Descends" because I tried to translate it myself days ago and I pretended it meant "Imperial Son of Xi". Is Lady Xiang Descends correct? I want to be sure. I'm no expert.

OH OH LOL I almost forgot to answer your last question! Yes, we can collaborate on the subbing project! If you're willing and if anyone wants in on this, I would love to make this happen!!! \(^.^)/

EDIT:
@lilhanh Yes I will be sure to post the link when the episodes are up on YouTube. ^.^

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 02:51:37 AM »
@5Water
《帝子降兮》refers to the opening lines of Quyuan's poem 《湘夫人》. 帝子 refers to Lady Xiang (in a round about way), 降 is to descend, and 兮 is an archaic form of "sigh," or "ah." In context, "帝子降兮北渚" means "Lady Xiang alighted on the northern beach." It's difficult to translate without the context of the poem, so "Lady Xiang Descends" is the best I could do.

I'm a native English speaker, so there shouldn't be any grammatical errors unless I typo'd while doing the translations. xD And yes, I'll get around to finishing Episode 1 next week.

Offline sstyhoo

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 08:31:26 AM »
@Seiyounashi, @5Water, Thank you both for taking this up as a subbing project!

I'm game to proof any of the translations if you like; it's what I do in my spare time.

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »
Good morning! (I like waking up 3 in the morning~ and because I have to too.)

@seiyounashi
Lady Xiang Descends, it is! I'm gonna upload the trailer now!... But I'm using your translations, so will it be okay for me to put that one up? :D

Does this mean all I have to do is wait for you to translate everything?! Holy crap, then I have so much free time now. Perhaps I can finally go play Hyrule Warriors with my little bro~! XD I guess this may mean my only job is to slap the subs onto the episodes and put them up on YouTube. *snickers at myself* However, if you need some time off too, I will translate the best I can and send them to you? I often copy the Chinese characters with the translations as well. Do let me know what you think. (^.~) I shall wait for your reply!

@sstyhoo
Yay! That will be awesome of you! The more people proof reading, the better! ...I can't proof read since my English isn't that good, so it'll be great to have your help! (^.^)/

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 02:48:20 PM »
@5Water
Sure, splitting the translations seems fine! I can look over the rest of Episode 1's translations, since you seem to have so much free time. :P And yeah, you can go ahead and upload the trailer! :D

Offline 5Water

• Administrator
  • Big Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »
@seiyounashi
Ohhhh. Ok. XD I guess this means I must get back to work and translate the rest of episode 1. (Please forgive my poor translation when I do complete it.) When I'm done with that, should I paste them here?