Author Topic: Qin's Moon Season 5 is out!!  (Read 266525 times)

Offline lilhanh

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Qin's Moon Season 5 is out!!
« on: January 01, 2015, 07:13:11 AM »
So excited that the first episode is out. 

http://anime14.net/xem-phim-tan-thoi-minh-nguyet-phan-5-18347

Enjoy!!

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline icrayray

• Eternal Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 46
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Qin's Moon Season 5 is out!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 11:25:49 PM »
Yes the first episode is out! Too bad they only released the first episode.

Love the ending theme so much!! Couldn't find the full song anywhere.

Offline lilhanh

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 02:51:42 AM »
How long does it take to release an episode??  Another year??   ???

Offline user3948

• New Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 07:50:50 AM »
the second video comes out in one month (end of January) the third comes out 2 weeks later (mid February) and then the videos will come out weekly

Offline Kisasa

• New Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:03:15 PM »
Ahh, I only found out about Qin's Moon a few months back, so I'm really excited because I thought it would still take a while for season 5!

Anyone know though if there's a chance of English subs anytime soon? I literally understand nothing.  :(

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 82
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 12:58:43 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm able to do some rudimentary translations if anyone's interested. Really in-depth subtitles would take quite a while for just one person, but I'm willing to post the most important dialogue here.

Qin’s Moon, Season 5, Episode 2
I’ll be using the Chinese names for the characters.

First 30 seconds: Ad for the new Qin’s Moon tabletop game!

I’ve skipped some of the less important dialogue. The basic gist is this -
General Zhang: The legendary King of Thieves… Dao Zhi. A rebel from the Mohist school.
Dao Zhi: That’s right!
Zhang: You do know you’re being pursued…?
Dao Zhi: Yep.
Zhang: No person ever escapes me.
Dao Zhi: That’s right…you have an illustrious name as well! It was… (16-character title that is difficult to convey concisely). But basically you’re an unparalled bum beetle.
Zhang: I’m glad someone remembers it! But no matter how fast you run, you can’t escape your own shadow! And I am that shadow.
Dao Zhi: But…before we got here I did something to this tree.
Zhang: So?
Dao Zhi: I also did something to this branch. Still not giving up?
*fighting commences*
Dao Zhi: You really are quite the bum beetle!
Zhang: There’s always a bright side…From now, you can be taken off the Most Wanted list!
Dao Zhi: The stars told me not to come out today. I guess they were right!
Zhang: This here’s a famous thief. Keep a close eye on him.
Soldiers: Yes, general!

*on the Dragon Boat, Mirage*

Yunzhong Jun: It seems that Mohist rebels have infiltrated this boat.
Gongshu Cho: From the weight capacity of this tiger, only up to two adults could have made it here.
Yueshen: Or three children.
Gongshu Cho: I’m very familiar with the mechas of the Mohist. I’m sure there’s something going on here. I’ve never seen anything like this in all my years!
Yueshen: Shenlou (the boat) has far too many secrets. It would be best for Yunzhong Jun to find these trespassers.
YZJ: I’ve already sent 50 searchers on their way.

Tianming: Wow! I’ve never seen such a big tree before! So tired from climbing, too.
Shilan: Its name is Fusang Shengmu.
Shaoyu: I’ve heard of it! The Chu kingdom has a song about it. At the top is a three-footed crow that can grant people’s wishes!
Tianming: What? A three-footed crow?
Shaoyu: Well…no one’s ever seen it before. Have you seen it before, Shilan?
Shilan: This tree once grew in the Shu Mountains… They stole it.
Shaoyu: Why?
Shilan: The legend that it straddles the gateway between the three worlds. And there’s a dragon at the base. I…believe this story.
Shaoyu: …Ah, I believe it too! Or else…we wouldn’t have written a song about it!
Tianming: If this crow thing can grant wishes, then I can see Yue’er again!
Shaoyu: Yes, she should be easier to find than the crow!
Tianming: I’ve never seen a three-footed crow before…

Shaoyu: It’s not safe here. Let’s go.

**half time** (Note: They actually sell this fan on their website. *drools*)

Soldier: Reporting! The rebel Dao Zhi has been successfully captured.
Li Si: The Shadow Division lives up to its name!
Fusu: What does Minister Li think of this assassination attempt?
Li Si: The plan is too elaborate to be the work of mere rebels. The Mohists have always been pacifists, but they have always opposed the Qin empire.
Zhang: Attacking is the best defense.
Fusu: The general believes that the Mohists are responsible?
Zhang: When capturing Dao Zhi, a member of Quicksand also appeared. Baifeng was at the scene…This is not an ordinary occurrence.
Li Si: Quicksand was never truly loyal to us…I’ve always just been using them.
Fusu: But the Mohist leader was killed by Wei  Zhuang. This strife between them is too deep. It’s not possible that they could have made an alliance…

*Mohist Hideout*
Datiechui: What? Dao Zhi was captured?
Baifeng: It was clearly his own fault…
Xuenu: You were supposed to work together. Obviously it was you who turned a blind eye.
Chilian: Needing someone to save him…doesn’t that mean he’s too weak?
Gao: Mohists never abandon a brother! We go to battle together, we live together, we die together!
Yingfu: People like you aren’t likely to live together. Dying together is more like it.
DTC: How dare you! I’ll kill you!

--
More updates tomorrow! Enjoy. Also, just let me know if you want Episode 1 subs as well.

Offline sstyhoo

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 05:05:52 PM »
Well done! Thank you for this summary, Seiyounashi!
Yes, please, do summarise & subtitle Ep01, if you have the time!

Offline icrayray

• Eternal Mooncake
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 46
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 05:36:29 PM »
Wow!  Seiyounashi, thank you for the subs!! And thank you user3948 for the info on the release dates. Can't wait til mid Feb for the next episode!

Omg I'm so glad they decided to start broadcasting season 5. I heard they are going to broadcast the episodes as they make them, maybe because they realize it'll take them another year to finish the season 5 and that will really disappoint the fans.

Did anyone notice how they paired up the rivalry in the s5 2nd episode when the mohist and quicksand were arguing about saving Daozhi....
Big hammer guy----Wushuang
Xuenu (snow girl)----Crimson Snake
Gao Jianli----White Phoenix
Ge Ne----Wei zhuang
That was the exact same paring and order in which they had their fight in season3!

And lastly love the scene in the opening theme where Wei zhuang and Ge Ne were standing on top of the mountain together!

Offline lilhanh

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 05:56:52 PM »
Thank you for the subs here seiyounashi!!!  Now if someone will be so kind as to post the elusive link for episode 2 please? Please send me a PM if putting links up here results to having them shut down if that's the fear... Thanks in advance!

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 10:58:46 PM »
Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Udc0PC6kE
Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0DGKGCUDxM
ED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8hPGNAoTns

I'll be finishing up the Episode 2 subs today, so stay tuned! I'll work on Episode 1 sometime next week as well.

--
And here you go! These subs are more in-depth.

**Three Days Previous**

Ge Nie: What kind of news would pressure the entire Huangjinhuoqi forces into dropping a battle they would surely win and retreat? And Quicksand being here at just the right time…it seems they foresaw this would happen.
Hooded person: You’ve already gotten the fighting you wanted.
Ge Nie: Xiao Zhuang…why are you here?
Wei Zhuang: To come to an understanding.
Dao Zhi: This is bad! Quicksand definitely wants to wipe us out!
Xiaoyaozi: We’re all still under the effects of the Shishenzhougu, without any inner qi. Ge Nie has already exhausted himself getting Xinghun to retreat.
Master Ban: At this time, we have no chance against Quicksand. Is this really the end of the Mohists?
Dao Zhi: It’s Zhangliang!
Master Ban: Great! We’re saved!
Zhangliang: Tonight, your decision here will affect the fate of the entire world.
Chilian: Such an important time…and you’re late, Zifang!
Everyone: What??
XYZ: Zhangliang and Quicksand both came from the Han Kingdom…it seems they are more connected than I thought. Could it be that he…?
DTC: Zifang! You were actually in league with the enemy all of this time! And we trusted you this much!
Gao:  This is between the Mohists and Quicksand. If Zifang still wants to be our friend, it is best that he stay out of this, even if he doesn’t help.
Zhangliang: I’m not here to watch people fight. A conflict between the Mohists and Quicksand doesn’t actually have any benefits.
DTC: So what? Even if we can’t retreat entirely, we must still take them down with us!
Chilian: haha! What confidence! You can try.
Ge Nie: Weizhuang didn’t help Xinghun. His stare actually intimidated Xinghun, preventing him from acting.
Zhangliang: What has happened this past few days, is not enough for everyone here to calm down?
Gao: What are you saying?
Zhangliang: Quicksand and the Mohists have the same enemy. If any of you wanted to take them on alone, it would all be for nothing. Only by putting aside your differences, forming an alliance, can you win any hope of living.
Master Ban: What?
DTC: Impossible!
Gao: A bunch of mercenaries who have sold their souls to gold would never become trusted compatriots! Working together with Quicksand would lead to no good.
Chilian: Look…even if we showed them mercy, they wouldn’t be thankful!   
Weizhuang: This would be suicide.
Zhangliang: If Quicksand goes against the Mohists, I would do my upmost to stand with them in battle.
Weizhuang: One person would make no difference. And you would pay a heavy price.
Zhangliang: Even if I lay down my life, I will not hesitate.
Weizhuang: This is not a smart man’s choice.
Zhangliang: Getting rid of the Mohist’s for the Qin Emperor, for Quicksand, is that really a smart choice? Among us, there are those from Han, from Yan, from Wei, Zhao, Chu. Fighting has taken away our families, everything. Those of us without countries, have battled amongst ourselves desperately. Is this not what the Qin Emperor wants? The truth is, today I wanted everyone to see someone…

**Enter Wushuang**

Chilian: Wushuang?
Zhangliang: Everyone, please look to what’s written on his shoulder!
DaoZhi: Tianming!
Master Ban: At the time, Tianming was always pestering me to teach him mechanics! Could it be so that he could fix Wushuang?
ZL: If Tianming could show kindness to someone who once tried to kill him, is he not showing the chivalry and love of the last Mohist leader? Yandan once allowed Quicksand to leave the Hidden City, and this generation’s leader saved Wushuang. These are two favors Quicksand owes the Mohists. If you are still unable to put aside your differences, you are not even as good as a twelve-year-old like Tianming.

**The prison***

Guard: Walk faster!
Guard: Get up!
DaoZhi: I am a very important criminal. You all will have to treat me very nicely. What’s on tonight’s menu?

Offline lilhanh

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 02:41:05 AM »
 Seiyounashi,  ;D :-*  I have been searching up and down and around and you've made it so easy.  Your translations are AWESOME and much appreciated and the links were enough to make me feel like Tian Ming, bouncing happy!  I'll stay tune for more updates from you!

Offline sstyhoo

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 02:08:25 PM »
Seiyounashi, Thank You!
Truly, your timely translation of these Season 5 episodes are the equivalent of ZiFang stepping out between the Mohists and Quicksand at the critical moment at the end of Season 4! Much Thanks!

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 12:41:10 AM »
Alright, here's part 1 of Episode 1! There's a lot of dialogue in this one, so it'll take me longer to finish. Enjoy!

--
Qin’s Moon, Season 5, Episode 1

Assassin: Today is the Day of Gengshen; according to the almanac, a hundred things could go wrong. That’s to say, for most people, today’s not a good day. It’s best not to do anything. But for me, it’s the opposite. Because, I’m an assassin. Today, I am going to kill a person.

Guard: Minister, the carriage is ready. Should we leave now?
LiSi: It has not yet reached the hour. Too early or too late, both are misses. It goes against proper etiquette.

**On the streets**
Soldier: Make way! Make way quickly!
Commoner: These Qin soldiers, in order to deliver a chest, actually treated us in such a way!

**Mohist Hideout**
Master Ban: Where’s DaoZhi?
DaTieChui: Out gathering information. You just can’t keep that guy tied down!
Master Ban: Xiaozhi’s injury is not fully healed yet.
Gao: This was arranged by Zhangliang.
Master Ban: The Qin emperor is journeying east, the Yin Yang School and Luowang are gathered at Sanghai. A formless net has been spread, and Paoding has disappeared. There’s definitely something queer going on.
Gao: Zhangliang has also passed on news. The Shadow Division has already arrived in Sanghai, and he wants us to be extra careful.
Master Ban: The Qin Emperor is always very cautious.

**The forest**
Soldiers: General!
Soldier: This mud seems to have been disturbed recently. What’s more, the original dirt has been deliberately placed over it. It seems that someone wanted to cover something up. The bodies have been dealt with completed. This technique is very polished.

Assassin: It looks like everyone’s very worried. When a person is nervous, the throat becomes extremely dry, and they’ll drink water nonstop. For an assassin, the hand that holds the sword must be kept sufficiently dry. Still, I don’t plan on reprimanding them, because, they’ll all die today. Even the best habits are only of use to the living. No matter how you look at it, this assassination is an impossible mission. Luckily we have a plan. This is a plan we have been developing for a long time, which has made the impossible possible. On the job, we must be meticulous in our timing. This is the key to success or failure. The hour…is here.

ZhaoGao: A scholar, sharp as jade, broke the jade without cause. Today does not seem to be a good day. Go.

Assassin: I am this plan’s keystone.
Assassin: If we are able to complete this mission without a hitch, it’s time for me to be promoted. Slay the heavens, slay the earth, the demons Chimeiwangliang. The ground level. In the assassin’s order, the third level. Here is the gate to prosperity and the gate to Hell!
Assassin: We’re finally here.

Guard: We’ve arrived.
Assassin: Haiyue Xiaofu. What grandeur, as expected. Good. Today I will do some slaying of this grandeur.

Guard: I’ve been waiting for you, under orders. This way, Minister.
Guards: Any other people may not cross here! Those who step onto this bridge will be executed!
Guard: Reporting, my prince. Prime Minister Li is here.
Fusu: Minister Li, is as punctual as I expected.

Cook: Geez, why hasn’t it arrived yet? The cook is working, so everyone, be off!
Waiters: Even if it’s a secret recipe, you don’t need to be so protective of it.
Waitress: I really wanted to sneak in some moves training…
Waiter: You sure you would have been able to learn them?
Fusu: Haiyue Xiaofu is known far and wide. But the most noteworthy aspect is not its beautiful scenery, but rather a certain dish. Has Minister Li heard of it?
Lisi: Bear paw served on fish fins. This was already a famous dish, but Haiyue Xiaofu’s ingredients are most worthy of consideration. The ordinary person would prioritize the fins first, and this place’s fins are by necessity Sanghai’s most exquisite. Golden, white as platinum, the most high-end golden fins under the sky. They have no equal. Bear paw, one of the wild’s eight treasures, extraordinarily tonifying. The bears Haiyue Xiaofu picks from the snowy mountains are of the highest quality.
Fusu: My father has said that Minister Li is living history. With such knowledge, it is as he says. Today I meant to invite the Minister to taste this very dish.
Assassin: This dish really is exactly the same as the one I saw 10 days ago.

**Flashback**
Assassin: PaoDing, your cooking prowess is known worldwide. Not only is your knife technique legendary, but you also have a special ability. I’ve heard that no matter what the dish, after tasting it just once, you can recreate it perfectly, no matter how complex the ingredients. If you can do that, then you can first rinse your mouth a few times. I want you to taste this dish in its entirety. I hope the legends are true, or else…

Offline sstyhoo

• Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 04:50:05 PM »
Good translation, Seiyounashi! Thanks again!
Your translation of the description of HaiYueXiaoFu's Bear's Paw dish is very good!

If I may make some suggestions, would you consider the modifications, as below :

** Assassin's monologue **
Assassin: Today is the Day of Gengshen; according to the almanac, a hundred things could go wrong. That’s to say, for most people, today’s not a good day. It’s best not to do anything. But for me, it’s the opposite. Because, I’m an assassin. Today, I am going to kill a person man.

**Mohist Hideout**
DaTieChui: Out gathering information. You just can’t keep that guy fellow tied down!

**HaiYue XiaoFu**
Assassin: Haiyue Xiaofu. What grandeur, as expected. Good. Today I will do some slaying of this grandeur equal splendour.

Waitress: I really wanted to sneak in some moves trainingand pick up some techniques

Keep up the terrific work!

Aside : I read JRR Tolkien's great "Lord of the Rings" years ago, and I never expected another work of fantasy fiction to come along that excites and delights me as Qin Shi Ming Yue has done. As I am a natural English speaker (and reader) who is still struggling with mastering Chinese, I am very grateful to you and SapphireSky and all the hardworking translators who have enabled me (and other readers of English) to truly appreciate this remarkable (and very long drawn out!) saga as it deserves to be!

** A very Big Thanks to Every translator who has and continues to make Qin Shi Ming Yue accessible to us all,  Thank You! **

Offline seiyounashi

• Little Mooncake
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 12:42:55 AM »
@sstyhoo
Thanks for the suggestions! For example, "ren" refers most generally to person, so I didn't feel the need to specify gender. At the Mohist hideout, "jiahuo" most nearly means "rascal," but I wanted it to be more affectionate. Those are mostly nit-picky things, though.

Anyhow, I'll get started on part 2 later this week, since I'm pretty busy with school. D:

--
In other news, there's a new Qin's Moon OVA coming out! :D It looks to be about Yin Yang School's Xiangjun and Lady Xiang. I'll get around to subbing that after I'm finished with Episode 1.